The Seychelles under the trade winds on Le Ponant
Aboard its emblematic yacht, PONANT is reshaping the contours of expedition cruising and invites you to experience a new way of discovering the wonderful Seychelles, between granite rocks and coral islets. Like a soft murmur at the heart of the Indian Ocean, in the ear of the insatiable traveller the wind hums a captivating melody blending African, European and Indian influences. Offering you unique and iconic ports of call and intimate moments, Le Ponant takes you to dreamy, wild and idyllic gems where the unexpected brings a delicious sense of freedom.
As the wind catches the sails, Mahé fades into the distance, and with it its colourful houses. The gentle way of life invites itself on board and with each port of call the islands of the Seychelles are revealed. Volcanoes buried in the abysses or fragments detached from the continent, each one in turn presents stunning panoramas.
The Amirante Islands reveal themselves, from the African Banks and their exceptional underwater scenery to the islands of Poivre and Bijoutier and their stunning coral atolls. Marvel at the purity of their crystal-clear lagoons lined with fine sand. Under the trade winds, sail to the small, uninhabited Thérèse Island and, like a modern-day Robinson Crusoe, experience the exhilaration of first times.
Continue your journey by setting a course for the Inner Islands. Granite rocks reflecting pink and golden hues punctuate the white-sand beaches and their celadon shores with their rounded edges. On Curieuse Island, the fascinating and ancient Aldabra giant tortoises move nonchalantly and slowly through the landscape. The abundant flora of Aride is home to lizards, sea turtles, and the largest seabird reserve in the Seychelles.
On Praslin, while the gentle backwash invites you to take a quiet pause on Grande Sœur beach, you dive right in to the island’s tropical rainforest, a UNESCO-listed nature reserve. Let the gentle pace of La Digue soothe you. The sound of birdsong and the delicate scent of tropical flowers add the finishing touches to this enchanting scene.
From one island to the next, these idyllic landscapes invite you to be at one with the elements. Far from the frenzy of the world, take the time to get back in tune with your senses: melt into the ocean during a scuba dive or introduction to free-diving, draw in the energy that surrounds you during a yoga session at sunrise or sunset, and experience mindfulness during a meditation. At your own pace, discover these unspoiled paradises while paddle-boarding, glass-bottom kayaking, or snorkelling. Lost in the Indian Ocean, the Seychelles blend their contrasts to perfection: a tropical paradise nestling in a wild and unspoiled natural environment. These biodiversity reserves offer precious moments of exploration and infinite spaces in which to dream.
*The experiences and activities on offer will be confirmed on board by the captain according to the weather conditions, the itinerary and the cruise plan.
Unique of its kind, Le Ponant is one of the most majestic sailing vessels in the world. With 16 spacious cabins and suites, one crew member per passenger, a dedicated chef, and authentic and exclusive experiences to be enjoyed at every stop, designed for and with you, the ship redefines the concept of luxury yachting and promises you an extraordinary experience.
In addition to its tasteful and refined design by Jean-Philippe Nuel, it has many innovative and environmentally friendly amenities.
PONANT is the World Leader in Luxury Expeditions with ultra-modern, intimate ships, offering attentive service and well-designed itineraries that touch all corners of the globe. Every cruise is a blend of adventure, exploration, and discovery—all experienced in luxurious comfort, even in the heart of extreme landscapes.
Why cruise with PONANT?
• 12 luxury small ships, able to easily navigate small waterways and visit remote destinations not accessible by large cruise ships.
• Le Commandant Charcot, the world’s first luxury hybrid-electric polar exploration yacht, sails further into the polar regions (including the Geographic North Pole).
• The youngest expedition fleet afloat.
• The leader in luxury polar expeditions for over 20 years and cultural cruising for over 30 years.
• Over 400 awe-inspiring cruises, calling at over 450 ports on all seven continents.
• Experts on board our voyages of discovery and learning to enrich guests’ understanding of the destinations.
• An exclusive partnership with Smithsonian Journeys, the the travel program of the Smithsonian Institution.
• Understated elegance on board with French-inspired cuisine, fine wines, and chic design.
• Proud to partner with Sothys, Veuve Clicquot, and Ducasse Conseil. Ships feature fabrics by Pierre Frey, beauty products from Hermès, macarons by Ladurée, and tea from Palais des Thés.
• 100% of our staterooms have a sea view and 95% have a balcony (100% on the PONANT EXPLORERS).
• Attentive yet discreet service from an experienced, multilingual onboard staff and crew.
• Open bridge access (requires approval from Captain).
• “Clean Ship” certification for the fleet in recognition of their eco-friendly features.
• All-inclusive pricing with open bar, gratuities, port fees, and taxes (including Zodiac explorations/landings on expeditions).
• The world’s first underwater passenger lounge, the Blue Eye, featured exclusively on the PONANT EXPLORER ships.